NON ROTATION RESISTANT WIRE ROPES
The most important factor in selecting the right wire rope for the job in hand is deciding whether a rope type is to be rotation resistant or non-rotation resistant. This point needs to be considered very carefully as using the wrong rope type can have serious consequences, for example, shortened service life, changes in the rope structure, unintentional rope breaks.
Non-rotation resistant ropes must not be used with a swivel
Non-rotation resistant ropes must be used for
- The lifting of a guided load
- The lifting of unguided loads on several falls at low lifting heights
- The lifting of loads with right-handed and left-handed ropes operating in pairs
- Hoisting rope for indoor cranes.
- Ladle cranes
- Steel mill cranes
- Mobile harbour cranes
- Gantry cranes
- luffing rope for cranes
- Rope for winching duties.